Thursday, July 9, 2009

PATIENCE


I've just had an experience of my need for patience. My computor would not work. Instead of letters I had numbers. The more I tried to correct the error, the more frustrated I became. Then I asked a friend. He had no answer for me, yet gave his time willingly while I shut down the computor and tried again.

Patiently he waited while I fumbled through the keys until, almost by accident, I realised number-lock had been pressed on.

Without his patience, I would not have had the patience to try, and try again to solve the problem. I was grateful and relieved, and enlightened.

By asking for help, I received a solution to my dilemma. Perhaps this is the case with many things that happen to us. Things so easily go wrong, and often our immediate reaction is one of impatience. We become frustrated and so enlightenment is not given to us.

Patience teaches us to relax and look for a solution, and especially ask for help / ask a friend / ask God's guidence. We will never be disappointed and always receive assistance.

No comments: