Monday, July 13, 2009

MARY, MY MOTHER


I was reminded today of the benefit of depending on my Mother, Mary. Perhaps this is a very Catholic thing to do, and yet, all those who honour the life of Christ would have a love for His mother too.

This is the case with me. Because of my interest in Christ, I learned to have a high regard for Mary, the mother of Christ who is God.

When we look at the world today, we are presented with so many Shrines to the Blessed Virgin, the mother of God. This is God's way of helping us out and affording us an 'easy' way to Him.

St. Therese, the little flower, spoke of finding an easy way to God. She used the example of an elevator that helps people to reach to high places and felt that God was inspiring her to be, as a little child with Him, depending on God to lift her up because she was too little on her own.

For me, Mary is God's way of helping me to reach up to high places to be with Him.

Mary is like a door that leads to a compassionate and loving God.

He will not refuse her anything she would ask and just like a mother she asks for protection and love for her children.

No comments: