Sunday, June 2, 2019

LIFE IS FOR LIVING...

There are times when we don't reflect and examine our actions wisely.
This happened to me on my first swim of the season in Brittas Bay.
It was a wild and windy day with sunshine and wonderful waves inviting me in.
Would I? Dare I?  I said I would and so I did.
Totally out of my comfort zone and yet with a love for the adventure of floating with the waves, I ventured in.
I would dip in, then quickly get out again.  That was my wonderful plan!
Getting in was not so easy as I was knocked off my feet twice, then eventually
I gained a spot where I could swim and ride on the waves as they came towards me. How wonderful.
Now was time to get out as I could feel the pull of the waves taking me back
out to sea.  I began to realize, this would not be easy.
I swam towards the shore as best I could, yet each time the waves pulled me back again.  It became a battle and I realized it was time to shout for help.
'Help, help...'  I swallowed a mouthful of seawater as I felt the urge to panic.
No, mustn't do that.  'Help, Oh God help me...'
What a wonderful feeling to feel the presence of another person, the Lifeguard!
'I'm putting my arm under yours and you can hold onto this.'
I held onto the orange object and with relief felt myself being pulled to shore.
Paul, my friend came and took hold of me on the other side.
I was almost out of the water, yet only felt safe when lying on dry sand.
Oh, thank God and thank all you wonderful people!


No comments: