Thursday, June 27, 2019

FATIMA

I'm now home from my holiday in Portugal.
A day was spent in LISBON,  the Capital of Portugal and I was blown away by the beauty and culture of the City, especially the Exhibition...
'The Story of Portugal'  outlining the development of the Country through the years.  This is truly a great Work of Art and the artistic settings makes one part of the history as it unfolds.
Two days were spent in FATIMA and this became a Pilgrimage for me.
The Basilica is such a magnificent tribute to the honour and glory of God and in many ways is similar to the Basilica of Rome.
The added, new basilica of the Blessed Trinity is such a magnificent work of Art.
Modern in its structure and yet inviting to all who would have need of being a pilgrim, as I felt I was too.
As evening descends, a Procession of Light takes place.  I was privileged to be part of this event.  Each one of us held lighted candles and as the Rosary was recited and chanted, all raised their candles high for all to see.
The statue of our Lady of Fatima was carried in procession and we followed, our lighted candles resembling a river of light in the darkness.
So wonderful to see such a crowd of young and old taking part with reverence and joy!
I look forward to when I can come again to visit Fatima.



No comments: