Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Creative Beauty

Here in Gran Canaria, I am surrounded with Creative Beauty, man-made in many ways yet especially God made. This morning my friend and I climbed up to the Cross, a man-made monument which has become a climbing point for many people, especially tourists.
The climb up via pathway was not difficult, but the short-cut in coming down was hard, very hard for me, yet thank God, without mishap.
I will cherish this memory of standing at the foot of the Cross, remembering Calvary and our blessed Mother looking up at her Son, our Saviour. Oh, what a moving yet loving proof of God's love for us.
I will also cherish the splendid view of Anfi beach on my right and Patalavaca beach to my left.
In a way, the more we are surrounded with beauty, the more able we become in our awareness of God's presence in our lives.


No comments: