Thursday, February 9, 2017

Spread the Good News...

After Mass this morning, Fr. Donal asked us to pray for young people who will be making their Confirmation, a commitment to their Faith.
He handed out cards with a person's first name on it and the idea is to pray especially for this young person that they will be enlightened by the Holy Spirit in their preparation for Confirmation.
I wonder how it was for myself?
Did I understand the commitment I was making, becoming a 'soldier of Christ' and opening my heart and soul to the Holy Spirit?
Of course the nuns gave us good training, explaining what it was all about and yet, did I truly understand?
I remember the fear I had of not being able to answer the Bishop's question whatever it might be...
And, the interest in receiving new clothes...
Did I dwell on the importance of my commitment or even understand it?  Perhaps in some small way I did. This makes me realise that God never pushes us to do good, yet will inspire and draw by the good we see in others.
We learn from others and hopefully they learn from us.



No comments: