Wednesday, January 25, 2017

WEAKNESS

Weakness is such a reality and yet often we can pretend that we are not weak. that we are strong.
Why I wonder is it so difficult to be weak, to face the truth that we are not perfect and that we are flawed in many ways, even unbeknown to ourselves.
Perhaps that's why it's such a blessing to become aware of the many ways in which we are imperfect.
Today is a good day for me as regards knowing and facing my weaknesses which are many.
I find it's often when I am physically unwell that this awareness takes place.
I don't want to be unwell and yet may have to accept being so.
The next step is to deal with this knowledge, without fear or trying to justify why etc.
God knows us / He has created each one of us and yet allows us to be in an imperfect state.
Why?  Delving into the answer to this question takes us on a journey of knowledge and truth.
Am I able to accept who I am?
Do I truly know myself and willing to live with this knowledge without shame or justification?
What I've learned so far is the value of weakness.
It's often in our weakest state that we experience love / friendship / a sense of belonging.
When I can admit to being imperfect, I allow another person to be their true and imperfect self.
Now the Wisdom of God comes to the forefront...
Weakness allows us to make room for each other and grow in compassion for whatever weakness we are faced with in another person.
We can even learn to love ourselves and to love others.

No comments: