Saturday, December 25, 2010

CHRISTMAS SPIRIT


Christmas is a time for family and friends, and also time for getting to know ourselves.

For me, this has certainly been a mixed Christmas. Perhaps it had to do with being unwell.

A bad head cold knocked me out, physically, mentally and spiritually. I wanted to be well and get on with making plans for having a wonderful Christmas.

Instead, I winded up nursing my cold and unable to help with preparations and all the many jobs that needed to be done.

God was not asking anything from me except to relax and allow my uncomfortable state to take its toll.

How easy it is to have ideas and plans of what God is asking of us. Yet, like the good Father that He is, He only wants us to be happy and respond to the inspirations that come our way each day.

How simple life would be if we could listen to the Gentle Voice that speaks to our hearts.

Being weak, just like the little baby Jesus, leaves room for God in our lives.


No comments: