Wednesday, March 8, 2023

CREATE...

During Covid lockdown, my younger sister, Goretta,  decided to take up knitting again. This time her new interest was in crochet. She began with scarves and hats, then bigger projects came to mind. I received a lovely gift of a bedspread. It has become my winter delight when the evening's are cold and chilly.

Then, a friend began to take seriously, her interest in photography. Although confined at first, opportunities came to go places, with camera.  She now has an Exhibition of her work on display in the local Library.

To me, this is a perfect example of how important it to be creative, and follow whatever we are inspired to do, creatively.  

My saving grace during Lockdown was my interest in Creative Writing. Even when inspirations seemed slow to come, I began writing about a girl called Josie, a young teenager. Each morning I would write her story.  After awhile, it became a necessity to add to her story, an enjoyable habit, and how sad I was when her story came to an end.

I was again faced with the desire and need to Create!



 

No comments: