Monday, February 28, 2022

SOLIDARITY

Solidarity, what does it mean?  I wonder as I watch men from the Ukraine, who have been living in Ireland for many years and happy to be here, yet feel compelled to return to their native country, and fight for freedom.

I ask myself, would I be willing to follow their example if I was a Ukraine citizen? A tough question and yet, one that inspires bravery and solidarity.  As we in Ireland know, our freedom came from our belief that our Freedom Fighters in 1916 showed us what it means to value freedom.

It seems the whole world is united in sympathy and encouragement for these brave persons.  How would I feel if some other nation was to invade us here in Ireland?  Would I be willing to give up my life for the cause of freedom?

The whole world is looking on and if all we can do is pray and in whatever way we can, support this wonderful brave country, then let us do so with a brave heart.  We can and we must open up our borders to all who need help.

If I could look into the Mind of God, I wonder what would I be prompted to do?  Will my belief in all that is honest and good, help me to be a supporter to like -minded people, just like the early martyrs?  I wonder!



No comments: