Monday, January 18, 2021

EXERCISE

This evening, I joined Veronica in doing 'keep-fit' exercises.  I lasted for ten minutes, yet I was encouraged. 10 is better than none.

I was prompted to remind myself of how important it is to be fit, physically.  Then it occurred to me that as our bodies need exercise, so also our souls need exercise too.

The Jesuits are noted for their Spiritual Exercises, and this could be a good practice if one is drawn to it.  For myself, I feel drawn to a more simple version put forward by Saint Therese, called the 'Little Way'.

Therese invites us to come to God as a child would come to a Father.  This way we draw on the compassion and love of God for us.  Perhaps this also links with the belief among many spiritual-minded people...                            

 'When I recognize how weak I am, then God becomes my strength.



'  

No comments: