Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Eve...


We are busy preparing for Christmas.  So many things to do, especially food and sending greetings to friends and family.
A walk down town is a pleasure to meet so many people who are happy to be busy like ourselves, and yet, I find myself thinking of the whole reason for Christmas time and such a special time it is.
A new born baby is coming into the world and yet the world does not seem to be ready to receive such a special Child of God.
Am I?  Am I ready to embrace a new awareness of the awesome sight, a visit from my God in the form of a vulnerable and helpless Baby?
Preparation for any event is always most important.
Therefore, my preparation begins with my heartfelt welcome to Jesus, who is the infant Baby, dependent on this strange world of ours to accept His presence.
All that comes to mind is to simply prepare my heart to love the Infant Child, just as I would embrace a baby, dependent on my love and who is open to the love of the whole world.
Whatever and however we are with ourselves, we are invited to welcome this innocent baby into our hearts and minds.
Happy Birth Day Jesus! 

No comments: