Thursday, December 28, 2017

FAMILY

Today was a given opportunity for me to visit family members.
I had promised myself that it would not be a day of stress, trying to meet and connect with everybody.
It would be a day of grace, enjoying the pleasure that comes from human bonding.
While I treated myself to a cup of coffee in Dublin, I met Paddy.  He, like me, was enjoying a cuppa in a warm place on a cold winter day.  We got chatting. It was a pleasure for me to chat away so freely to a stranger who seemed more like a friend.
Later, I availed of the opportunity to visit my brother Thomas in his lovely warm home.
Prayerful music in the background, I enjoyed the visit. We often chat on phone, yet seeing each other and being in the presence of a person means so much more.
My next visit was to my big brother Liam.  He looked well, yet still a little unwell and we chatted over a cup of tea!
My last visit was to Vino and Win in their lovely modernised home.
I reminded myself that there was no need to rush.  Just relax and enjoy my brother's company.
Win came and we shared photos and then it seemed right to make tracks for home.
Bus 39a almost immediately and so to Kildare street to wait with others for 133 bus to come.
Met Nina on bus and walked her to taxi rank in Wicklow, then home for a nice cup of tea!
Yes, it was a good day. 
 I thought of the Holy Family and how it must have been for them, living in a state of grace. always.



No comments: