Wednesday, June 29, 2016

FAMILY

Family are important.  Nature binds us to others and God wills that we love one another as He loves us. I've had some special time lately with my family.
My sister, Mairead is home on holiday/break from Pakistan where she is a member of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary.  The Order is well established all over the World and their main work is teaching and nursing.  The work the FMM do in poor countries is to be admired and supported and prayed for a lot. They are the hidden heroes in this sad and yet wonderful world of ours.
Mairead is a down to earth person and enjoyed watching the Match on Sunday between Ireland and France. " A good game and played well by all!"
I've two sisters and I had five brothers, now four. (Martin R.I.P.) There's plenty of grandchildren and the Match was a good get-together with smashing barbecue afterwards.  Yes. family are great.
Of course, I have two families, just like Mairead.
My second family is the Servants of Love Community in Wicklow and I've lived with this special bunch of people more years than with my natural family.  They are my spiritual friends and support in developing and living my Faith as God wills I do.
So, I am doubly blessed and very grateful to my loving Father for the many ways He spoils me and continues to do so.  Thank you God.



No comments: