Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Love Weakness...

Today I had an experience of weakness .  It was so unexpected even though we often talk about loving weakness and how it gives us a chance to turn to God for strength.
I had a job to do, not a difficult one yet it involved doing something that makes me afraid. 
I told myself it was silly and yet just like the weakness of being afraid of the dark, the fear stayed with me.
I managed, yet I was left feeling traumatised / I felt weak...
Tears came too easily, making me feel ashamed of my state of weakness.
Yet, when I gave myself time to reflect and be calm, I realised how valuable this state of weakness truly is.
Strength could not come from me, so I was obliged to look elsewhere.
I willingly turned to God and prayed for His help.  I was not left wanting.
There is a great secret to be found in loving weakness.  
This is the pathway to spiritual strength, to finding happiness in the company of God.


No comments: