Thursday, February 5, 2009

IN WEAKNESS, I FIND STRENGTH


Sometimes when we are weak, or not well, we can become afraid of weakness. We find ourselves in a state of helplessness, whereas before we could have in mind to do things and follow through with our plans.

Now, we are weak. Our strength is gone. We are like a child and find ourselves dependent on others, dependent on our 'Parent', dependent on God. This is not a bad state to be in. In fact, from a spiritual point of view we are enriched.
We no longer need to depend on our own finite being. We can and will be able to depend on Divine Providence.
God has promised to be with us, always. So, we have no problem. We are being invited to live a life of faith and take God at his word.
In truth, I can see that in my weakness I find my strength!

No comments: