Thursday, December 30, 2021

REVIVAL


To revive oneself comes at a cost; a willingness to let go of 'old' stuff, and open our hearts and minds to what is new! 

There is a line in one of the Psalms of David... ' revive my drooping spirit...' a very apt discription for those of us, coming away from the frills and glitter of Christmas, with an appetite for being creative.

When it comes to Creative Writing, tread carefully, yet diligently.  So many thoughts and ideas can be floating around in our tired heads, yet we long to put pen to paper and write.

What has saved me, many times, is my journey into the world of Poetry. Lately, Woodsworth has come into the picture of my creativity and bowled me over with his poem 'Intimations of Imortality....' The poem takes a good 15minutes to read, and hours to comprehend.  I feel truly blessed if I come up with a few lines.

Another poet, nearer to home, is Patrick Kavanagh; earthy poems and simple too. Of course we have Seamus Heaney, top of the list. I just wish I had a better understanding of his poems. Then again, to be moved by a poem is better than to understand the poet's meaning.

Perhaps, we all have dreams of writing 'good stuff'.  Maybe even get published, and why not.  If we enjoy writing and have a certain knowledge of our market, then all we need to do is,  put pen to paper and write!

No comments: