Monday, August 23, 2021

NEW LOOK...

My favourite waistcoat was falling to pieces.  I loved the comfort of it and the feel of the material, however, a good friend advised me to 'let it go', preferably into the bin!

It was replaced with a new, more 'up-to-date' jacket, which received many compliments. I was glad to have taken on board my friend's good advice. Already, I began to feel more smart and youthful.  My baggy 'old lady' look was gone.

This made me realise how important it is to listen to others, and more importantly, to act on good advise, freely given.  Also, we can be our own worst enemy as regards what is good for us. We need outside encouragement. How we see the world at large may well be tainted by our weaknesses and shortcomings.

If this is the case in relation to our 'exterior person', how much more will it be in relation to our 'interior person'.  What we read impounds on our outlook on life, so if we give time to read about people who truly love God; good-minded people who live by their true and honest nature, our lives will be changed for the better.

Listen well to all they have to say. Their wisdom and insight will impact on our lives and help us to become a person with a New Look, a Godly one.



No comments: