Tuesday, August 3, 2021

COMMITMENT

It's quite an art to be commited to what we love, and give time to it. If we are a writer, then there is a need to make a commitment, and write every day.

This is my conviction, but not always my action. Pity, and yet, just by writing about writing can and is an encouragement to write!

When the first Lockdown was enforced, I felt a certain excitement in myself, an awareness that now I could actually be faithful to my calling as a writer. 

I'm impressed and glad for all the writings that I managed to do, and surprised myself with a certain newness in my writing patterns.

By the end of Y2020, I found myself struggling to write each day as I had promised myself to do. There was always a list of reasons why, and now I see they were only  excuses.

Am I writer?  Do I write?  When I'm able to say YES, then I know I am living up to my commitment as a writer.

At present, the Olympics are being broadcast, and we are being presented with people from all walks of life who are dedicated to their 'craft'.  This is a wonderful inspiration for all of us.  If we truly believe we are writers, then let's put pen to paper and write!







No comments: