Monday, May 17, 2021

LOVE ONE ANOTHER...


 The Christian Message is all about Love.  We are commanded to Love One Another as Christ loves us.  A very positive and inspiring command, yet not always easy to put into practice. 

Perhaps the challenge lies mostly in our love for ourselves.  This may be positive, because if we cannot love ourselves, then it will be difficult for us to learn to love others.

However, in practice, loving ourselves can lead on to a certain worship of a faulty creature who is already flawed with weaknesses.  This is not God's intention.

The person who loves themselves truly, will be honest / brave / unselfish in the true sense.  This person would be a saint!  

Well, I for one, know I am not a saint.  I can and will try to attain this honorable  state of being, and in doing so will realize that when I care for and love others, I learn to be true to myself and hopefully learn to follow the examples of the saints.

Such a happy challenge, to put LOVE first. We have no right to feel bad about others, or ourselves.  We are made in the image and likeness of God.  Imagine that.

Love and then Love will become our best Teacher.

No comments: