Thursday, March 11, 2021

A MOTHER'S LOVE

  1.  History presents us with many stories of women of great qualities and courage.  They were willing to stand out above the norm and respond to their voice,, guiding and prompting them to speak out for Truth and Liberty.
  2. Countess Markievicz comes to mind.  She was an aristocrat, well educated and in a position where she could live a life of ease.  Why bother with the pains and woes of others?  She made her choice to stand with the Freedom fighters of Ireland, which almost cost her death; subjected to imprisonment and degraded for stepping out of line. A true hero.
  3. Then we have in bygone days, Saint Brigid, another woman who cared for her people and worked to establish a spiritual and caring future for the people of Ireland.
  4. These great ladies enthrall me, and yet the woman that I am thinking of with heartfelt love and gratitude is my mother, who worked hard to provide a comfortable home for her husband and eight children.
  5. I only really got to know her as a person, when she became ill and had to spend time in hospital. I was young and my thoughts were centered on why did she have to stay away from us?  Surely, the doctors could make her well again?
  6. Her journey through pain made me realize how difficult it was for her, saying  goodbye to us when we came to visit and hiding her tears.
  7. What a joy when she came home again. I learned to appreciate and believe that a mother's love is the best love in the whole world.


  8.  

No comments: