Monday, October 24, 2016

Power of a Positive Mind

In the world we live in today, we are often bombarded by news of all sorts of happenings.
This can effect us so we are no longer insular as regards being simple and innocent in our approach to life. The result is worry and fear.
We are also affected by opinions of strong-minded people who want to change the world. 
This can be good or bad.
If those we listen to and follow are people of a saintly mind and truly concerned for the good of mankind then we will learn to become like them.
However, we have only to look at ourselves to realise how fragile and faulty our humanity can be.
When we concern ourselves for the good of others, there will be a price to pay.
I believe as a Christian, a follower of Christ, that the price I'm asked to pay is to love others as much as I love myself.
I know I have a love for myself which is good at times and not so good at other times.
For example, when I am angry or jealous and give into it, then I'm not loving my true self.
Only when I know how to love myself truly, then am I in a position to love others.


No comments: