Sunday, October 30, 2016

Does God really love us?

At times, when I'm feeling unwell, I'm easily discouraged by my state of weakness and even question the goodness of God.
Surely if we have a loving Father and we are told that He loves us more than any loving mother, then why do we suffer?  Why is there so much pain in this wonderful world of ours?
It was an act of impatience on the part of a friend that caused me to feel dejected. No malice was meant and yet I felt a sense of discouragement creep in.
I continued my journey, fighting the weakness of feeling sorry for myself...  then this fine handsome man passed me by carrying a lovely bouquet of flowers.
"Lovely flowers" 
'Thank you' he said as we passed each other by, then I heard him say, 'Would you like them?'
"Yes"
He handed me the bouquet of flowers and went his way.
In my heart I felt the love of God through this human act of kindness and my confidence in the goodness of God was renewed.
How simple,  we experience the love of God by making acts of kindness and love towards each
other.


No comments: