Wednesday, September 23, 2015

KNOCK

I've just returned from a trip to Knock, a lovely present from my cousin Carmel.
We went by bus and returned by train, tired and so happy to have done the trip.
I've seen pictures of Lourdes, yet never been there, so to me Knock represents 'Ireland's Lourdes'.
We were glad to have a stay-over as this gave us time to take in what Knock has to offer. 
The old Church where the Apparition appeared is still there and artistically renovated. 
My first glimpse of the Basilica almost took my breath away!
Here in this quiet part of west Ireland we have a magnificent monument to Our Lady's visit to us, the people of Ireland.  This we can now share with the whole world.
The Airport at Knock affords people the opportunity to travel in comfort and our roads make it easy for us to come without too much of the pilgrim hardship.
Yet, no doubt about it, Knock is a pilgrimage worth making.  The centre attracts people of all ages and there is even a special centre built for the Ireland's young.
I like to think that Our Lady has come knocking on the door of our hearts,  prompting us to take time out to reflect and centre our lives on loving God and responding to His wishes for us.



No comments: