Monday, December 3, 2012

Preparing for Christmas...

Today I began to prepare for Christmas by putting up some decorations. I must admit that this is not my favourite pastime, and yet it does put some glitter and glamour into our lives.
It is a treat to walk down Wicklow main street and admire the efforts that have been made to create a Victorian Christmas look, by the local shopkeepers etc.
Perhaps the child in each one of us does love a bit of glitter and glamour, some way to be cheerful and have fun.
So, I will renew my efforts to prepare for Christmas, on the outside, yet more importantly, on the inside too.
Have I a place of friendship and greeting for He whose birthday it is? Will I be able to add some 'spiritual' glitter and glamour to that special feast of Christmas?
Do hope so, yet see I've work to do !

No comments: