Sunday, December 23, 2012

GRUMBLE-LESS!

Christmas is a great time to share and show our appreciation for each other.
We reach out with cards and emails and gifts.
This is good and yet, in a way is un-necessary when it comes to love, because when we love someone we show this love is our disposition towards them.
We always know when we are loved and being loved.
Also it occurred to me that grumbling is a fast way of losing peace of mind and spoiling what can be a wonderful experience, especially good relationships.
As a child I had an experience of this when I was disappointed with the present I received for Christmas.  Somehow I knew the gift had come from my parents and it hurt to think they didn't get me what I wanted, so I sulked. 
Lucky for me my mother could read me like a book and soon got me into good form again, even helping me to appreciate my new scooter.
Now I realise that it was my grumbling that made me unhappy.
This can happen with little things, and big things too.
Little grumbles are like weeds that grow in our mind. Grumble-less and we will have a happy and beautiful life.

No comments: