Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Count our Blessings


Perhaps it's only when we lose something, we begin to realise how blessed we are

The loss of my voice is so strange for me. When I had my cold I learned to relax and take it easy. Yet, having no voice makes me aware of how much I depend on it.

The simple act of using the phone has become a 'no-no'. Taking part in our daily, round-the-table discussions, only as a listener can be painful at times.

Doctor says laryngitis. Take a tablet and plenty of hot drinks. Hopefully it will come back, soon.

This is a good time to leave logic aside. The human body is so complex. Even scientists don't fully understand it's magnificence.

Our faith can carry us beyond our understanding and help us to become aware of how wonderful life is, based on the mechanics of the body. And, this is only the 'outside'.

If we could, with faith, glance inward to the majesty of the soul, made in the likeness of God, how blessed we would be indeed.

Often loss becomes a gain, especially when we take time out to count our blessings.

No comments: