Tuesday, June 23, 2009

GUIDED BY LOVE


Today was a good day for me as I got a chance make a trip to town. I had errants to do and also met with my cousin, Carmel. This has been a long awaited meeting for both of us. Whenever one was available, the other wasn't, so we left all in our Lady's hands and she made things right today.

We had gfts to share and much to talk about. This was good and yet I realised that my giving of myself was totally inadequate. A strange feeling to realise. We communicated and I knew I was with someone who loves me. The loss seemed to be on my side.

On reflection, I realise that the greatest gift one person can share with another is the gift of love. This means that a sensitivity to Love is required in order to be guided by love.

There is a tape that Kevin made about when we give ourselves, it is not enough. We need to give God to each other. I feel on my part that I shared myself, yet perhaps held back on the sharing of God within.

I reflect on this, without guilt, and yet with a certain awareness that the spiritual life is layed in accordance with the depth of love that is present.

Dear Heart, teach us to love with a genuine and loving heart, guided by Love itself.

No comments: