Friday, December 26, 2008

This Tremendous Lover


This morning I had a run-in with authority in the guise of a friend. I was not prepared and had hoped I would meet a person who cared about me. However, this was not the case. I realise they have a job to do and would see me as a obstacle to discipline. Perhaps, perhaps not, yet I felt sad that this was all the communication we had.

I can feel sorry for myself, or I can look at the face of Christ. He meets us everyday with an open heart, inviting us to share in His love for us, to be part of who He is, Love itself.

And, how do we respond? How do we treat Him? Are we grateful for His interest and love for us?

Perhaps, perhaps not. We are human and imperfect and often fail to respond to love, even when we recognise and believe that we are loved. Yet, all is forgiven and each day we receive a chance to start again and respond to this Tremendous Lover!

No comments: