Saturday, September 13, 2008

THE GOD-LINK.

When my younger brother was very small, he loved listening to the radio. We had a big old-fashioned model. Convinced that a man and a woman lived inside it, he would try to squeeze himself behind the cabinet on which the radio sat, just to catch a glimpse of them. We couldn’t convince him otherwise. We enjoyed the fun, yet as soon as he was old enough to play games with the bigger boys, he forgot all about the radio and the two imaginary characters who lived in it.

I was reminded of this, the other day, when I needed advise. It was one of those `should I or should I not’ situations. I know God is the one with all the answers, yet He often chooses to use our friends and co-workers to supply us with guidelines and answers.
To my surprise, it was a `non-friend’ who presented a solution to my dilemma. It seems, even our adversaries are part of the God-link.
This made me realise, we are receiving all the time from our Creator. And, we don’t just receive for ourselves - we receive for each other. We are like the voices in the radio. Sometimes we are not tuned into the right channel, yet we are still a receiver - we just lose the sense of the message we are being given.
Quiet moments are so important where we learn to listen, and receive, and relay the message whatever it might be.
Is the message for us, or for others? It doesn’t seem to matter to God.
Should it matter to us..?

No comments: