Thursday, August 28, 2008

COLOUR

I work in a little office, which is also my creative space as I have access to the computer in my spare time. Early mornings and evenings become my inspirational time.
The office badly needed a paint job, so I eventually set to work last month. First off, I managed to clear out excess rubbish, then I began to paint the walls.
What colour? After years of clutter, I winded up renewing the white walls and touching up the woodwork with a pale grey. The finished product was bright and clean - clinically clean. In my efforts to remove rubbish, I had removed colour!
Comments from my friends were positive, at least the carpet had colour. Then, a brain-wave - I commissioned one of my friends, a budding artist, to paint a picture, full of colour. She willingly obliged and produced her masterpiece - a multi-coloured picture of abstract art.
Being a little conservative as regards art, I stared at the painting. It was something I could never have imagined. Then again, I don’t have her imagination, and the colours are vibrant, so I called her masterpiece VIBRANCE.
Vibrance has added instant colour to my office and to my creative space, and to my expanding imagination. I’ve begun to realise how much we can be influenced by colour.

No comments: