Thursday, February 4, 2021

PUT GOD FIRST


Today, during our morning discussion, it occurred to me that we are always choosing according to our values, so it's a good thing to examine what values we hold dear.

 Do I love comfort and value time to follow my interests in writing or whatever might be regarded as of value to me?

Do I care for others and look out for their wellbeing?  Am I willing to share time with others, by phone or writing a letter or email, and now, especially during Lockdown, am I aware of opportunities to make life a little easier for others?

There are so many ways that we can share ourselves, and reach out and love others. The great examples at present are to be found in the Frontline workers.  They may be nurses or doctors or cleaners or cooks.  Whatever role they are called to do, they respond. Duty calls and they obey.

The idea of putting God first is not as tangible to understand, and yet it is of vital importance in our lives.  When we focus ourselves and open our hearts to be guided by God's love for us, then we will be able to respond to the needs of our neighbours. Human nature is not perfect, yet God's love for us is Perfection!


No comments: