Friday, September 30, 2016

Dealing with Pain

At times, most, if not all of us, deal with pain.
It may be a headache or toothache or something more of a serious nature.
Yet, whatever our 'cross' is, little or small, we are in pain and must learn to deal with it.
This is the challenge we are faced with,  how to deal with pain.
At present I have a bout of psoriasis, a swelling of the hands and an itch that dries me crazy almost.
Apart from the embarrassment caused by my affliction, I often find myself in a state of being unable to function or concentrate on what I want to do.
I know this condition is not life-threatening and yet can be difficult to live with.
Friends tell me to rest and relax as best I can. 
I guess this is where Faith comes in and one is willing to suffer and carry one's  cross, whatever it might be.
God loves us and it pains Him to see us suffer and yet, there are lessons in life that can only be taught through the Cross.
Christ chose the Cross.
I will to be able to do the same.

No comments: