Saturday, July 9, 2016

TRAVEL

Today I spent time organising my trip to Donegal, especially what clothes to wear etc.
Not an easy task when the weather keeps changing.  I guess it's time for a little faith and a willingness to care less!
I'm reminded of the fact that we are all on a journey.  We are bound for Heaven, a paradise created by God so we can be with Him and He with us.
It seems that our job is to focus on the journey and not allow ourselves to be distracted by the many side roads in life that we will meet.
Being of a spiritual mind helps us to look towards our heavenly Father and allow Him to be our guide.
Of course, a loving Father wants His children to be happy and to enjoy and take pleasure in the life presented to us. There may be challenges at times, even suffering, yet also joy and happiness in the knowledge that we are moving forward towards our heavenly home.
I pray that I will be ready when that moment of departure comes and with a loving heart embrace my loving Father as He embraces me.
All my weaknesses are forgotten, covered over by my willingness to love God.


No comments: