Monday, June 1, 2020

Social Life

Today I had my first Social Call, a good friend around for cuppa and chat.
We were both aware of social distancing and yet found it possible to be good company for one another.
Perhaps, the scare of the virus and contamination can be taken out of proportion and allow us to act more out of fear rather than love.
The best friendships are based on respect and so there is no need to be afraid, simply to respect each others need to be safe and yet sociable.
In the beginning, I found it hard not being able to hug because this would come naturally to me.  I realize now that the first step in any relationship is respect.
When we can and are able to respect one another's needs, then we have a wonderful foundation for friendship.
All else will follow and love is free to develop.
To realize how much God respects us and has given us the gift of Free Will then learning to respect others will follow naturally.

No comments: