Thursday, October 3, 2019

KNOCK TRIP!

Last Sunday I made a pilgrimage to Knock with family and friends.
It was the yearly trip from Cabra Parish and a first time for me to do so.
What an experience it was and I look forward to do so again, God willing.
A special day for Knock and buses came from all over the country, almost every county was represented. It was jam-packed!
I had never see such crowds, not even in Fatima.  We battled with the crowds to find seats in the Basilica, which holds 5,000 plus!
Our discomfort was out-weighed by our delight and encouragement to witness
so many people willing and able to show their love for our Blessed Mother, Mary the Queen of Knock.
Of course the bus trip home was a delight, only time for one rosary recited by grateful hearts; a stop for a lovely meal in Athlone and a sing-song afterwards to lighten our spirits.  What a day! 
On reflection, I realize how important it is to share ourselves and our Faith with
each other.


No comments: