Saturday, October 14, 2017

INSPIRATION

To be inspired is the yearning and dream of all creative people.
Is it a special feeling or atmosphere that we step into and so inspiration follows?
Perhaps where we are and how we feel does play a part to how much we are inspired and yet,
I believe true inspiration comes from deep within, the state of our soul.
When I am true to myself and open and willing to allow the real me to be seen, without guile or pretence, then I believe I am in a state of grace and inspiration will follow suit.
Whatever artistic talent we pursue, writing / painting / cooking etc. there is a need to be honest about the efforts we make to allow our talent to grow.
As a writer, do I write each day?  Special time or place?
As a painter, am I mindful of the beauty that surrounds our lovely planet and the people within.
As a cook / chef,  am I scrupulous about the ingredients I use?
Inspirations flow like a river, yet can only be caught by the diligent fisher!

No comments: