Tuesday, February 9, 2016

God loves a trier...

We can be faced with challenges in life and may feel unable to surmount them.
When and if this happens, it's good to realise that our feelings however real they might appear to be, often fool us
If I am unwell or overtired, then my feelings will portray an image of reality that is unreal.
A good example I experienced once was when I had a  head-cold. This made me feel unwell and all I wanted to do was curl up under the blankets and sleep it off.
Now, this can be a good remedy so I don't discount it, yet at the same time, a friend came along and invited me to go on a trip on his boat.  
I looked out at the sun shining and the sea sparkling and I was sold on the idea.
It was a beautiful trip and I totally forgot all about my ailments, so much so that my head-cold practically disappeared.
It's our choices that create reality for us.  God so loves a trier, someone who is willing to forge ahead and leave feelings and problems behind.
I may not succeed in what I try to do, yet I will be happy to try.

No comments: