Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Prepare for Christmas

Preparing for Christmas can become a huge event, OR  it can simply be a way of preparing for a special Visitor to call in.
I remember as a child how important it was to prepare for visitors coming to see us.  At the very least our home would be a welcoming place to call into,  no special frills of any kind, yet homely and non judgemental. We regarded it as an honour that someone would like to come and visit us.
On Christmas day we are honoured to have Christ the King come into our lives.  We greet this Divine Baby in Church and are asked to bring Him home with us in our hearts.
Each one of us receives an invitation to keep in the company of Christ on this special day.
Am I willing to do this, or will I be distracted by tinsel and merriment that excludes His Presence.
I hope not, that's why I want to prepare my heart now so I will be glad to receive His Love.


No comments: