Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Family Spirit

I visited my brother Liam,  yesterday and we had the opportunity (almost a miracle) to say hello to my sister Mairead, who is a missionary sister in Pakistan.
It was as if she was in the room with us. I was almost beside myself with delight and we chatted and she sends her love to all and asks for prayers for all the poor people who need help.
Afterwards, I found myself thinking of her and where she lives and how different our lives are.
Her main concern is to be able to help the poor and to love God's Will.
I wonder if doing God's Will is foremost in my life.  So easy to be distracted by the world we live in.
Yet I find encouragement in reading the life of St. Therese, the little flower.
All that we do can be an act of love.  It's our intention that God looks at with kindness and compassion.
Perhaps we are all called to have a family spirit and a willingness to see those we live with and those we know as our extended family. This way we will be moved by love towards everybody. 


No comments: