Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Have a little Faith...

I was worried about our Retreat Get-a-way up in Donegal. People who had shown a definite interest had changed their mind.  Perhaps the fact of cold, winter weather in March put them off.  I was sorely disappointed...
Should we cancel?  Was it worth it to go ahead with so few?
I checked with Clare up in Donegal and she had no problem with small groups.
Then it occurred to me that what is most important is God's Will.
So, how does one find out if it truly is God's Will to continue what we are doing?
What steps does one take to find out God's Will?
I believe God wants us to honour our commitments.
When we look at History, we learn about people who were willing to go to the ends of the earth to follow their commitments. People like St. Francis Xavior for example, and all those adventurous climbers and inventors who put so much work into what they believed to be their destiny.
To put it simply, I believe God is asking me to have a little Faith.
Every step we take on Faith is moving the world closer to God, so let's do just that and have a little Faith.

No comments: