Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sense of Adventure!




At the moment I'm preparing for our Positive Psychology and Creative Writing Get-a-Way. This involves work.


I'm excited about the trip which will take us to west Cork and I'll visit new places and have new experiences.


Being of a practical disposition, I find myself in work-mode while I prepare my notes etc. This is good, yet surely being creative has more to do with adventure rather than work.


Imagine a great artist spending his time worrying about how much paint he should use. If so, he'd hardly come up with a masterpiece.


A sense of adventure helps us to loosen up and use our artistic abilities to create beauty.


When we focus on beauty we are unaware of the work-load. Our minds are enthralled with the gift of creation!

No comments: