Sunday, January 23, 2011

PERSEVERE


To persevere at anything means commitment.

When we show a willingness to stick at something, whatever it might be, we give 'back-bone' to our lives and become a better person.

One of the challenges of being a Christian is to perserve in following in the footsteps of Christ.

A good person I know would often say, 'What would the Nazarene do?'

When I ask myself that question, I'm often surprised at the answer I get.
For some people, perseverance relates to sacrifice, and it may well do so, yet it's good to bear in mind that God is a loving, compassionate Father who wants us to be happy and to enjoy life.

This could be one of the reasons why perseverance pays off. A person who can commit and continue in their commitments will be unburdened and happy with life.

Perseverance may well be the key to happiness.

No comments: