Friday, March 19, 2010

BACK TO BASICS


Back from holiday and adjusting to our Irish climate as best I can. Time does take its toll, in the sense that we may adopt a way of being / a way of relaxing and enjoying the ambiance of a new place.

Gran Canaria was a whole new experience for me. People are there to enjoy the sun. Some come for health reasons, aware of the benefit of vitamin D.

Others may be sun worshipers, away from home and letting go of established inhibitions. They are ready and willing to 'party'.

I enjoyed watching families with small children who found enjoyment in simple beach games of building sand-castles and splashing in the water. The warm breeze and inviting water was all that was needed to bring smiles to their faces.

It was like a taste of Heaven, at least how I would imagine Heaven to be, a place where God spoils us with the beauty of His planet; warm sunshine and happy people.

Who wouldn't be happy in a beautiful country, with a average temperature of 25 degrees!

To myself I say, Be glad for having been, and be glad for getting back to basics.

No comments: