Tuesday, October 28, 2008

THE FACE OF GOD.

I was feeling a little low and out of sorts. Somehow the sunny side of life was absent. Then I met a friend.
He greeted me, warmly. He was interested and glad to see me. We spoke for a few minutes before parting.
However, I was and felt different. I was happy and able to see the sunny side of life, even without sunshine.
In a spiritual context, I had met the Face of God.
Perhaps this is true for most of us. We meet the presence of God in each other.

And, because God loves us infinitely, the effect of meeting Him in each other is powerful. We are lifted out of ourselves and united with Love.
This is the power of friendship, of being a good friend. We represent God’s love to each other, knowing we are loved and able to love.
When I see the Face of God in others, I can be sure they are seeing the Face of God in me.

No comments: